SmartWaiver does not have an option to opt-in to a text marketing list. But we know a workaround for their software.
Otter Waiver's system comes prebuilt with an opt-in form for text marketing.
Use custom fields when editing a waiver and add a YES / NO question:
Would you like to opt-in for exclusive VIP text promotions?
This field can not be required due to TCPA laws.
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)is a United States federal law requiring businesses to get written consent from consumers using mobile devices before sending them marketing text messages.
- The customer has to have to option to opt-out so you can not put it in the waiver for them to sign off on they have to have either a check box or YES/NO option.
When editing your waiver
- Click on the Custom Sections tab and then click to ADD NEW CUSTOM SECTION.
- You will see different Custom Waiver Question options pop up on the left sidebar.
Select YES/NO on the left and drag over
- Add the question: Would you like to opt-in for exclusive VIP text promotions?
6. ClickPublish to publish your waiver's changes and revisions.
Once you have updated this, you can start collecting consent on sending SMS. Download your customer data from Smartwaiver and upload it to Ottertext under lists. Make sure you are only uploading customers that clicked "YES".
If you are interested in learning more about OtterWaiver and our prebuilt opt-in for text marketing visit: https://otterwaiver.com.