Verification of the Coupon: When a customer presents the custom $5 coupon to the clerk, the first step is to verify its authenticity. To ensure that the coupon is not a screenshot, you can:
- Ask the customer if they can open the coupon on their device, rather than showing a screenshot.
Redemption Process: Once you have confirmed the coupon is valid, proceed with the redemption process. Instruct the customer to follow these steps:
- Ask the customer to click on the "Redeem offer" button on their device while in your presence.
- Ensure that the customer performs this action themselves to prevent multiple redemptions.
- The screen should transition to a confirmation screen, thanking them for shopping at your retail store.
Tracking the Redemption: To track the usage of the reward/coupon, OtterText has built-in tracking features. You can access this data through the platform's offers dashboard. Here's what you can do to track the redemption:
- Log in to your OtterText account and access the Marketing/Offers.
- Click the eye icon on the right to see all coupons sent and redeemed. Verify that each coupon can only be clicked one time, as mentioned in your article.
Monitoring and Analysis: Regularly monitor the redemption data to gauge the effectiveness of your coupon campaign. You can use this data for marketing analysis and to measure customer engagement. It can also help you make informed decisions about future promotions.
Remember to keep your OtterText platform up-to-date with the latest features and security measures to prevent fraudulent redemptions. Additionally, it's crucial to provide clear instructions to both your staff and customers to ensure a smooth redemption process while maintaining the security and integrity of your reward program.