Disclaimer: Otter is not a lawyer or a law firm and does not engage in the practice of law or provide legal advice or legal representation. All information, software, services, and comments on the site are for informational and self-help purposes only and are not intended to substitute for professional legal advice. Using this site is subject to our Terms and Conditions.
You should have an attorney provide or review a waiver before publishing on your account and make sure you follow all guidelines for your state.
If you need a lawyer, here are our recommendations:
- CHRISTOPHER RENZULLI, ESQ
- James H. (Jim) Moss, JD
- XInsurance (provides insurance and legal for waivers)
Here is an example of how to add Universal Safety Rules and Range Eligibility requirements in side of your waiver.
Universal Safety Rules:
- Treat every firearm as if it is loaded
- Always keep the firearm pointed downrange and in a safe direction
- Keep your finger off of the trigger until you are ready to fire
- Be sure that your target and surrounding areas are safe before firing
- Keep uncased firearms in the stall at all times.
- I certify that I have never been convicted in any court, including a military court, of a felony, or any other crime, for which the judge could have me imprisoned for more than one year, even if you received a shorter sentence, including probation.
- I certify that I am not under indictment or information in any court for a felony, or any other crime for which the judge could imprison you for more than one year, or are you a current member of the military who has been charged with violation( s) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and whose charge(s) have been referred to a general court-martial.
- I certify that I have not ever been convicted in any court, including a military court, of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
- I certify that I am not subject to a court order restraining you from harassing, stalking, or threatening your child or an intimate partner or child of such partner.
- I certify that I am not an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or other controlled substance. Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
- I certify that I have never been adjudicated mentally defective (which includes a determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that you are a danger to yourself or to others or are incompetent to manage your affairs) or have you ever been committed to a mental institution.I certify that I have never renounced my United States citizenship.
- I have never been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
- I certify that I am not an alien illegally in the United States
- I certify that I am not an alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa.
- I certify that I am not a fugitive from justice.